I hereby acknowledge the fact that I understand the risks involved in trading securities and financial instruments and also agree to abide by the terms and conditions of usage of this website and its services.
Risk Disclosure Statement
THE RISK OF LOSS IN TRADING SECURITIES AND LEVERAGED INSTRUMENTS CAN BE SUBSTANTIAL. YOU SHOULD THEREFORE CAREFULLY CONSIDER YOUR OBJECTIVES, FINANCIAL SITUATION, NEEDS AND ANY OTHER PERSONAL CIRCUMSTANCES TO DETERMINE WHETHER SUCH TRADING IS SUITABLE FOR YOU.
HIGH LEVERAGE OF LEVERAGE IS OFTEN OBTAINABLE. YOU SHOULD BE AWARE THAT THE USE OF LEVERAGE CAN LEAD TO LARGE LOSSES AS WELL AS GAINS.
THIS BRIEF STATEMENT CANNOT DISCLOSE ALL OF THE RISKS AND OTHER SIGNIFICANT ASPECTS OF SECURITIES AND DERIVATIVES MARKETS. THEREFORE, YOU SHOULD CONSULT YOUR FINANCIAL ADVISOR OR ACCOUNTANT TO DETERMINE WHETHER TRADING IN SECURITES AND DERIVATIVES PRODUCTS IS APPROPRIATE FOR YOU IN LIGHT OF YOUR FINANCIAL CIRCUMSTANCES.
Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions govern your use of this website; by using this website, you accept these terms and conditions in full. If you disagree with these terms and conditions or any part of these terms and conditions, you must not use this website.
Unless otherwise stated, The Portfolio Trader and/or its licensors own the intellectual property rights in the website and material on the website. Subject to the license below, all these intellectual property rights are reserved.
- You may view, download for caching purposes only, and print pages from the website for your own personal use, subject to the restrictions set out below and elsewhere in these terms and conditions.
You must not:
- republish material from this website (including republication on another website);
- sell, rent or sub-license material from the website without proper licensing agreement with The Portfolio Trader;
- show any material from the website in public without prior consent from The Portfolio Trader;
- reproduce, duplicate, copy or otherwise exploit material on this website for a commercial purpose;
- edit or otherwise modify any material on the website; or
- redistribute material from this website except for content specifically and expressly made available for redistribution.
- You must not use this website in any way that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the availability or accessibility of the website; or in any way which is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity.
- You must not use this website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software.
- You must not conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to this website without The Portfolio Trader’s express written consent.
- You must not use this website to transmit or send unsolicited commercial communications.
- You must not use this website for any purposes related to marketing without The Portfolio Trader’s express written consent.
- Access to certain areas of this website is restricted. The Portfolio Trader reserves the right to restrict access to areas of this website, or indeed this entire website, at The Portfolio Trader’s discretion.
- If The Portfolio Trader provides you with a user ID and password to enable you to access restricted areas of this website or other content or services, you must ensure that the user ID and password are kept confidential.
- The Portfolio Trader may disable your user ID and password in The Portfolio Trader’s sole discretion without notice or explanation.
- In these terms and conditions, “your user content” means material (including without limitation text, images, audio material, video material and audio-visual material) that you submit to this website, for whatever purpose.
- Materials submitted without the prior consent/approval of The Portfolio Trader will be deemed as “Unsolicited Submission”. If the submissions are deemed “Unsolicited Submission”, then you grant to The Portfolio Trader a worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free license to use, reproduce, adapt, publish, translate and distribute your user content in any existing or future media. You also grant to The Portfolio Trader the right to sub-license these rights, and the right to bring an action for infringement of these rights. In the event that The Portfolio Trader is required to bring an action for infringement you agree to provide all necessary assistance to enable The Portfolio Trader to bring that action.
- You warrant that your user content will not be illegal or unlawful, will not infringe any third party’s legal rights, and will not be capable of giving rise to legal action whether against you or The Portfolio Trader or a third party (in each case under any applicable law).
- You must not submit any user content to the website that is or has ever been the subject of any threatened or actual legal proceedings or other similar complaint.
- The Portfolio Trader reserves the right to edit or remove any material submitted to this website, or stored on The Portfolio Trader’s servers, or hosted or published upon this website.
- Notwithstanding The Portfolio Trader’s rights under these terms and conditions in relation to user content, The Portfolio Trader does not undertake to monitor the submission of such content to, or the publication of such content on, this website.
This website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. The Portfolio Trader makes no representations or warranties in relation to this website or the information and materials provided on this website.
Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing paragraph, The Portfolio Trader does not warrant that:
- this website will be constantly available, or available at all; or
- the information on this website is complete, true, accurate or non-misleading.
Nothing on this website constitutes, or is meant to constitute, advice of any kind.
The Portfolio Trader will not be liable to you (whether under the law of contact, the law of torts or otherwise) in relation to the contents of, or use of, or otherwise in connection with, this website:
- to the extent that the website is provided free-of-charge, for any direct loss;
- for any indirect, special or consequential loss; or
- for any business losses, loss of revenue, income, profits or anticipated savings, loss of contracts or business relationships, loss of reputation or goodwill, or loss or corruption of information or data.
These limitations of liability apply even if The Portfolio Trader has been expressly advised of the potential loss.
Nothing in this website disclaimer will exclude or limit any warranty implied by law that it would be unlawful to exclude or limit; and nothing in this website disclaimer will exclude or limit The Portfolio Trader’s liability in respect of any:
- death or personal injury caused by The Portfolio Trader’s negligence;
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation on the part of The Portfolio Trader; or
- matter which it would be illegal or unlawful for The Portfolio Trader to exclude or limit, or to attempt or purport to exclude or limit, its liability.
By using this website, you agree that the exclusions and limitations of liability set out in this website disclaimer are reasonable. If you do not think they are reasonable, you must not use this website.
You accept that, as a limited liability entity, The Portfolio Trader has an interest in limiting the personal liability of its officers and employees. You agree that you will not bring any claim personally against The Portfolio Trader’s officers or employees in respect of any losses you suffer in connection with the website.
Without prejudice to the foregoing paragraph, you agree that the limitations of warranties and liability set out in this website disclaimer will protect The Portfolio Trader’s officers, employees, agents, subsidiaries, successors, assigns and sub-contractors as well as The Portfolio Trader.
If any provision of this website disclaimer is, or is found to be, unenforceable under applicable law, that will not affect the enforceability of the other provisions of this website disclaimer.
You hereby indemnify The Portfolio Trader and undertake to keep The Portfolio Trader indemnified against any losses, damages, costs, liabilities and expenses (including without limitation legal expenses and any amounts paid by The Portfolio Trader to a third party in settlement of a claim or dispute on the advice of The Portfolio Trader’s legal advisers) incurred or suffered by The Portfolio Trader arising out of any breach by you of any provision of these terms and conditions, or arising out of any claim that you have breached any provision of these terms and conditions.
Without prejudice to The Portfolio Trader’s other rights under these terms and conditions, if you breach these terms and conditions in any way, The Portfolio Trader may take such action as The Portfolio Trader deems appropriate to deal with the breach, including suspending your access to the website, prohibiting you from accessing the website, blocking computers using your IP address from accessing the website, contacting your internet service provider to request that they block your access to the website and/or bringing court proceedings against you.
The Portfolio Trader may revise these terms and conditions from time-to-time. Revised terms and conditions will apply to the use of this website from the date of the publication of the revised terms and conditions on this website. Please check this page regularly to ensure you are familiar with the current version.
The Portfolio Trader may transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with The Portfolio Trader rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions without notifying you or obtaining your consent.
You may not transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with your rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions.
If a provision of these terms and conditions is determined by any court or other competent authority to be unlawful and/or unenforceable, the other provisions will continue in effect. If any unlawful and/or unenforceable provision would be lawful or enforceable if part of it were deleted, that part will be deemed to be deleted, and the rest of the provision will continue in effect.
These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and The Portfolio Trader in relation to your use of this website, and supersede all previous agreements in respect of your use of this website.
These terms and conditions will be governed by and construed in accordance with Australia, and any disputes relating to these terms and conditions will be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of South Australia.